Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Cooking Is My Happy Place 2.0

So I have totally been M.I.A. - we have been trying to readjust the way we eat over here! It is really hard when you love to cook as much as I do - to make things that are not only fun and exciting but also healthy.  Well I like a challenge so I decided to switch over the vibe of this blog to food that is not only healthy but also tasty and fun to make!  We all like to eat well but it doesn't mean we have to sacrifice being healthy!

So if you are looking for a blog where you can find clean eating recipes spiced up a bit - you are in the right place!  I will be trying out my own recipe mixed with some that I think look yummy on Pinterest :)

To start it off - Here is a simple oven baked salmon that I made with a delicious greek style salad!  It really makes the dish taste great and because I used fat free greek yogurt it is totally guilt free!

Enjoy my healthy foodie friends :)

Oven Baked Salmon with Greek Style Salad
Serving: 4

Ingredients:
4 4-6 oz. Salmon Filets
1 Yellow Bell Pepper, Chopped
1 Medium Cucumber, Chopped
1/4 Red Onion, Finely Chopped
1C Non-Fat or Low Fat Plain Greek Yogurt
Juice of a Lemon plus 1 Lemon to squeeze over salmon filets
4 T. Fresh Dill, Chopped plus extra for garnish
2 T. White Wine Vinegar
Salt
Pepper

Directions:
Preheat Oven to 450 Degrees.

Mix Together all ingredients besides the salmon, set aside to marinate flavors together.

Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray and place salmon filets skin side down. Sprinkle Salmon with Fresh Ground Pepper and Sea Salt. Cook for 12-15 minutes until salmon is cooked through.  Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon over filets.

Serving size is 1 Cup of salad and 1 4oz. salmon filet




No comments:

Post a Comment