Thursday, January 24, 2013

Frozen Peanut Butter Banana Bites

So I am always looking for new snacks and I think Pinterest is a great place to find healthy and delicious treats!  I saw a picture for some banana bites and I tweaked it a little and made it my own!  A little messy to make but really good - when you freeze the bananas they taste like ice cream!

Give it a try you will not be disappointed :)

Ingredients:
1/2 C. Dark Chocolate Chips
2 Large Ripe Bananas cut into 1/2 inch disks (approx. 24 disks)
1/4 C. fresh ground Peanut Butter (I am addicted to the Whole Foods kind!)
2 t. Coconut oil

Directions:

Place banana disks on a cookie sheet and top each one with about a teaspoon of peanut butter.



Mix together chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl.  Microwave for 1 minute - stir and heat for another minute or so until melted.  Using a fork dip each peanut butter topped banana disk in the dark chocolate and place on a freezer safe dish. Freeze for about 3 hours and enjoy!  My kids LOVED these and they didn't even ask what it was - they both just assumed it was ice cream - BIG mommy success! Mine came out a little messy but I didn't have much patience - I think with a bit more time they could have looked better :)




No comments:

Post a Comment