Friday, November 23, 2012

Mmmmm Leftovers - What To Do?

Okay... I have to admit - I love leftovers.  Especially Thanksgiving because there is so much you can do with it.  I have made potato croquettes (Paula Deen has an AWESOME recipe here). Everyone likes a good hot turkey sandwich or even a nice hash, but I really wanted to try something different.

I had some leftover wonton wrappers from making Crab Rangoon last week and I thought... how can I make this work.  What did I come up with?  Delicious mini thanksgiving bites.  Everything you love about thanksgiving in one little bite.  I even customized them for each member of the family.  

I hope everyone is enjoying this glorious day of laziness I know I am!

Thanksgiving Dinner Wontons 

Ingredients:

mini muffin pan
12 wonton wrappers
Leftovers from Thanksgiving (you can pick and choose what you like):
1 C. stuffing
1 C.turkey (i think a mix of light and dark works best) - cut up into small chunks
1 C. mashed potatoes
1 C. sweet potatoes
1/2 C. squash
1/2 C. gravy
1/4 C. cranberry sauce
anything else you love :)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 Degrees.

Spray your pan with nonstick cooking spray and place one wonton wrapper in each hole - making a little cup for your yummy goodness.  Place the wontons in the oven for about 5 minutes letting them get a little brown.  



Add about a tablespoon of stuffing to each wonton to make a little base "crust" and pop back into the oven for another 5 minutes.

While they are cooking put the gravy in a small sauce pot on medium-low heat to get it warm.  Put all other ingredients in small bowls to make it easier for assembly.

Remove the wontons from the oven and start creating!  My favorite is turkey and sweet potatoes, my kids like just a little turkey and a lot of mashed potatoes and my husband likes a little of everything - you can do whatever works for you.  In the mini wontons you can fit about a 1 tablespoon of turkey, 1 teaspoon of gravy and a tablespoon of potatoes on top. I like to add a little bit of gravy to the turkey layer and then add whatever potatoes you like on top to keep it together. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. If you want, you can just add the gravy to the wontons at the end.




After you have put all of your wontons together, pop them in the oven for around 10 minutes.  If you like it (I do!) add a little bit of cranberry sauce to the top, any extra gravy and serve!  A delicious twist on your Thanksgiving Favorites in under 30 minutes :) 

Enjoy!


 




 


No comments:

Post a Comment